About Sierra Foothills Unitarian Universalists
Unitarian Universalism is a caring, open-minded religion that encourages you to seek your own spiritual path. Our Faith draws on many religious traditions, welcoming people with different beliefs. We are united by shared values, not by creed or dogma. Our congregations are places where people gather to nurture their spirits and put their faith into action by helping to make our communities—and the world—a better place.
We, the member congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association covenant to affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part
A Few Words About Our History
SFUU was founded in 1982 by 15 people. We have been serving people from all over Placer and the surrounding counties who are interested in exploring what we believe, how to make a difference in the world, healing from past religious wounds, connecting meaningfully with other people, and learning how to be the best we can be. We moved to our current location at 190 Finley Street in Auburn in 2001 and are beginning to outgrow the space. During most of the year, we have two worship services to make room for all who want to be a part of this special religious community.